Sunday, August 2, 2009

My Goal

My academic goal is to be a clinical pathologist. I am very happy to discover that UC Davis now offer Health Informatics classes online. I have waited for more than two years to attend such a program. As a software engineer and experienced mathematics teacher and having worked in mental health department as an application analyst, I discovered certain inefficiencies in the handling of medical records in healthcare organization. How the organization lose a lot of money and lack of follow-up of their patients due to improper record keeping.
After completing the first class which is the introduction to Health Informatics, it was interesting to know how health informatics can solve these overdue problems. I look forward to gain a vast knowledge and ideas from this certificate program.

No comments:

Post a Comment